2008年8月4日星期一

The new life with Arch

Arch linux is good for me, the bigest advantage of Arch Linux is that, it can upgrade the system to another version very smoothly, just like gentoo. I really love gentoo, but the compilation is painful.
Here is my software list:
Gnome - the desktop environment
openoffice - for the office application
gnome-terminal - a muti-language terminal emulator
file-roller - the GUI frontend of zip and unzip
audacious - it can support chinese mp3 tag
totem-xine - for videos and movies
Brasero - the CD burner
Firefox - the browser
Filezilla - the FTP client
FreeMind - the mind map tool
ArgoUML - the UML drawing tool
Komodo Edit 4 - the web development
gThumb - the picture management tool
GIMP - the *photoshop* of linux
LinuxQQ - realesed in 2008.7.31, by Tencent, this is the first offical Linux QQ
Emesene - I think it's the best MSN client in gnome.
Acroread - the PDF viewer from Adobe, but it cann't be found in Arch's repositories, I have to create this package by myself.
-----
Thanks to all the bright programers who created these wonderful programs.

没有评论: